Keep Moving is a practical, informative, yet playful guide for pain relief without drugs or surgery so that you can finally feel good in your body again. Pain from a recurring injury, disease, surgery, or general wear and tear is frustrating, exhausting, and can make you afraid to move. Learning what your body needs along with simple changes you can make every day, can help alleviate pain, reduce anxiety, and increase your quality of life.
This is not just another book of exercises, Keep Moving provides helpful illustrations, amusing stories, new research, and spot-on advice. Maggie Downie shows you proven pain management techniques to help you relieve chronic or acute pain in your body. You’ll discover:
In the book, you’ll discover:
- Changes you can make in daily life, without standard exercise to reduce pain,
- Ways to help prevent getting re-injured when adding movement back into your life,
- Simple, easy-to-follow exercises that you can do, even while reading this book,
- Techniques to alleviate common problems, like lower back pain and neck tension,
- How to reduce the fear you’ve developed around moving and rekindle the joy of becoming active again,
And fun, informative cartoons of how your body works, so that you can keep moving with confidence.